Limited Partner Fortium Partners (www.fortiumpartners.com)
- Fortium Partners is a true partnership of IT executives that have a strong pedigree, a strong desire to share their experience and a strong desire to work with a group of similar executives.
- Fortium was formed in 2014 to provide the market with IT executive advisory services, without the baggage of strict formats, staffing quotas, etc. Fortium leads with Experience and then utilizes various frameworks and tools as warranted for each client’s needs.
- Fortium is the largest and fastest growing partnership of former CIOs, CTOs and CISOs in the world
- Fortium Partners professionals average more than 25 years of experience.
- Our partners will go anywhere in the world at a moment’s notice to lead technology transformations focused within their area of expertise… in a project leadership role or a seated IT executive position within any size organization
436 Research LLC
Before Fortium Partners Ed was managing partner for 436 Research. 436 Research was a cybersecurity services firm that addresses the needs of small, medium, and enterprise organizations. The firm’s services included:
- Interim Chief Information Security
- Cybersecurity Strategy
- Cybersecurity Budgeting
- Security Control Assessments
- Risk Assessments
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning
- Brand Protection
- Response Planning
- Disaster Recovery Planning
Chief Information Security Officer, CSL Behring
July 2015 to Jan 2021
Responsible for global cybersecurity for a worldwide $10B bio-pharmaceutical organization. Leadership focuses on identity and access management, network, data, and application security. The CISO, a new role at CSL Behring, is accountable for the ground-up creation of the information security organization across North America, Europe, and Asian theaters. The mission was to develop a cybersecurity organization from scratch using a matrixed management structure across applications, infrastructure, and business operations (I led the cybersecurity organization from two to thirty-five direct reports in four years.) I successfully led security improvement projects in manufacturing, network redesign, data center, global network segmentation, global vulnerability and identity management, continuous compliance security review, and risk management.
Adjunct Professor, Temple University
January 2015 to January 2021
Teach classes on data analytics for fraud, network security, and intrusion detection. Course content includes using Splunk, Palo Alto firewalls, Cisco Packet Tracer network simulator, MySQL, Excel, and Audit Control Language (ACL) to detect fraud and cybersecurity breaches.
- MIS 5208 – Data Analytics for Fraud Investigation
- MIS-5212 – Governance, Risk, and Compliance
- MIS 5217 – Network Security
Research Vice President Forrester Research
Apr 2011 to Jul 2015
Lead analyst for security services in Forrester’s Security and Risk practice. A globally respected speaker and author on information security topics, including managed security services and supporting technologies – SIEM, log management, incident response, and threat intelligence. During my tenure, leadership rated me a Top-20 analyst and a leader in client engagement and business development. My coverage areas included threat intelligence, network security, cloud security, information security, strategy, analytics, and metrics.
Client Engagement Partner, CSC
Apr 2009 to Apr 2011
I served as the Account Manager, and Global Engagement Partner responsible for the P&L of a portfolio of IT projects for a global Fortune 500 Specialty Chemical Manufacturer accountable for the successful delivery and profit & loss for a $20M project portfolio, including regulatory ERP implementations, business intelligence, and network infrastructure projects. In this role, I was responsible for the deliverable revenue growth, profit & loss, quality, and overall client satisfaction for all consulting projects for a Fortune 50 client.